- We want to upgrade custom themes from DXP 7.0 to 7.4. But the custom themes were not created using Liferay Theme Generator. Can we upgrade custom themes using Liferay Theme Generator following this article?
- Liferay DXP 7.4
- It is not going to work if using Theme Generator to upgrade a custom theme (not created by Theme Generator)
- A few suggestions about themes in 7.4:
- In 7.4, you can go themeless. Initially, you need to convert the theme to master pages, fragments etc. This may take some time but will help in the long run.
- You could also try one of the canned themes with stylebooks first. If they can’t work, then create a new theme and overlay the old styles in. Although it may take some efforts, it is the best way to ensure compatibility with all of the 7.4 goodies.
Subscriber Exclusive Content
A Liferay Enterprise Subscription provides access to over 1,500 articles that include best practices, troubleshooting, and other valuable solutions. Sign in for full access.Sign In