- The web.xml file cannot be located in the Websphere application server.
- Liferay DXP 7.3
- Liferay DXP 7.4
- To modify the web.xml file, the location in the Websphere server is
config\cells\<cell_name>\applications\<ear_name>\deployments\<app_name>\<war_name>\WEB-INF. This is the standard default location of the file. But the exact path may vary depending on your server environment and deployment configuration.
- The shielded-container-web.xml file is used in the Tomcat bundle, in WebSphere we use the
ibm-web-ext.xmlfile or in most cases the
WEB_INFfolder of the Websphere application server.
- There are many Liferay documentation that use web.xml and are based and tested upon the Tomcat app server, for WebSphere, provided path can be used.
- Unofficial Ref: Ways of updating enterprise application files
Subscriber Exclusive Content
A Liferay Enterprise Subscription provides access to over 1,500 articles that include best practices, troubleshooting, and other valuable solutions. Sign in for full access.Sign In