In order to activate your Virtual Cluster Keys, an Administrator role is required.
Please note that there are 2 types of server activation keys and knowing which one to select will depend on your server(s).
- Physical or Virtual Server Keys: instances when the servers have static identifiers such as a static IP address. These will be perpetual keys since they are tied to your exact server details.
- Virtual Cluster Keys: highly virtualized environments where server identifiers cannot be predetermined. These will be limited to your subscription term.
Important Notes about Virtual Cluster Keys:
- Virtual Cluster Keys are set on an annual basis and tied to subscription dates.
- A single Virtual Cluster Key will activate multiple instances within the same cluster as opposed to a physical/virtual server option where 1 key activates 1 instance.
- Virtual Cluster Keys can only be implemented with specific patch levels. Please view Virtual Cluster Activation Key for Liferay DXP and Liferay Commerce for compatibility details.
Steps to Generate a Virtual Cluster Key
- Go to Customer Portal and select the appropriate project.
- Navigate to the left sidebar and under Product Activation, select DXP.
- Click on the Actions button in the right corner and select Generate New
- You’ll then be prompted to select the Product, Version and Key type
- Under Key Type is where you’ll specify if you’d like to download a Virtual Cluster Production, Non-production or Backup type. (For more information, please refer to : Activation Keys FAQ for Liferay DXP and Liferay Commerce .)
- After selecting the key type and the appropriate subscription term, you’ll then be
prompted to provide the number of nodes in the cluster .
- After completing the form, your virtual cluster key will be listed in a single line item.