This article specifies the support policy for document conversion integrations. Liferay Digital Experience Platform, Liferay Portal EE, and Liferay Commerce ("the product") have been designed with document conversion integration points. With this, subscribers are able to integrate the product with specific third-party office solutions in order to achieve document conversion. This article addresses support coverage unique to document conversion integrations, and not already covered in the generic Document Library integrations policy.
For more information please see the Document Library Integrations policy.
- Liferay seeks to ensure that the product is able to connect to a third-party office solution to convert supported file formats. Liferay Support will offer guidance on configuring the products to connect with third-party solutions and on initiating conversions.
- Liferay will resolve any reproducible and unintended issues which arise with the product when configuring the product to connect to a third-party office solution, connecting to a third-party office solution or converting documents.
- Liferay will resolve any reproducible and unintended issues found in the third-party document conversion if the issue is a result of an out-of-the-box integration and it interferes with the product features.
- Liferay provides documentation regarding the proof of concept installation and configuration of third-party office solutions. The implementation of these principles is the responsibility of the subscriber.
- Installing and configuring a third-party office solution is the responsibility of the subscriber.
- The vendor is responsible for resolving issue within third-party office solutions.
Liferay tests the compatibility of third-party office solutions integration points included with the product. The product is tested as compatible with particular versions of specific office solutions. The subscriber is responsible for upgrades to third-party office solutions.