The Web Proxy Portlet allows web applications to be embedded within a portlet while keeping the user interaction within the portal context. The portlet is deprecated and was removed from Digital Experience Platform (DXP) 7.1 due to low adoption. The portlet will not be released as an app on Marketplace.
The portlet is implemented using the PortletBridge project which is no longer under active development. For this reason, alternatives should be sought if the same functionality is needed. Issues reported concerning the Web Proxy portlet will not be resolved in DXP 7.1 according to the Deprecated Items support policy.
If you still require the Web Proxy portlet it can be obtained through Liferay’s public repository.
- Navigate to Liferay’s public repository.
- Search for the the Web Proxy portlet module by searching for com.liferay.web.proxy.web
- Locate and select version 2.0.0 of the web jar
- Click on the Artifact tab
- Download the jar by selecting the Download button
- Deploy the jar in the desired environment by placing the jar in the deploy folder.
- Create a new file called
- Change the display category by adding the text below to the body of the file.
- Place the file in the
/osgi/configsfolder located in the Liferay home folder.
- The Web Proxy will now be available under the Add > Widgets menu in the Tools category.
The jar can also be downloaded by clicking on the attachment below: