The following article outlines a short checklist of questions to ask and steps to take before opening an upgrade ticket. By taking a moment to go through this checklist before opening a request, you are ensuring the fastest possible resolution for your particular issue.
For each ticket, please attach your
portal-ext.properties file as well as the output of the patching-tool info command specific to the environment.
For upgrade tickets specifically, please work through the following checklist and include the resulting information when you create a ticket:
- For ease, upgrade should be conducted with a Liferay provided bundle. This is to reduce the resources needed to upgrade if the existing app server is resource-heavy.
- If performing an upgrade, the upgraded should first be conducted in lower environments, starting with Dev/QA. Upgrades need to be tested before moving into Production.
- The Portal upgrade should be out of the box (OOTB) and should not include any customizations.
- Have you followed our Upgrade Instructions and Upgrading to Permission Algorithm 6: Best practices?
- In case of an upgrade failure, everything needs to be reverted back to the previous point.
- Have you installed the latest core fix packs and upgrade fix pack (if available)?
- If you have already attempted the upgrade please provide us with
- Complete old
- Complete new
- Patching-tool output from the old server if available
- Patching-tool output from the new server
- A copy of the pre-upgrade database (FTP)
- A copy of your data folder and image gallery if in a different location (FTP)
- A copy of any exceptions generated during the process
- A copy of the full logs generated during the upgrade
- This log should include the update processes
- Complete old
Want help with your upgrade?
Liferay Global Services offers solutions to fit your needs. Please contact us for a free consultation.