This article is a legacy article. It applies to previous versions of the Liferay product. While the article is no longer maintained, the information may still be applicable.
The following article outlines a short checklist of questions to ask and steps to take before opening a portal deployment ticket in Help Center. By taking a moment to go through this checklist before opening a Help Center request, you're ensuring the fastest possible resolution for the particular issue.
For each ticket, please attach your portal-ext.properties file as well as the output of the patching-tool info command specific to the environment.
For portal deployment tickets specifically, please work through the following checklist and include the resulting information when you create a ticket:
- Please review Deployment Checklist, if you haven’t done so
- This component includes the initial stages of deploying the portal
- Is this a new installation of Liferay or an upgrade?
- If this is an upgrade please see the Upgrade section of this document.
- Is this deployment a bundle obtained from the Customer Portal?
- Is the database, application server, and OS being utilized listed on the Support Matrix for this JDK version of Liferay?
- If not, what steps were taken to deploy the portal?
- Were the steps from the user guide for manual portal deployment with this application server followed? See Portal Best Practices
- See the Installation and Setup section of the user guide for the appropriate version of Liferay.