The following article outlines a short checklist of questions to ask and steps to take before opening a search/indexing ticket in Liferay Help Center. By taking a moment to go through this checklist before opening a Help Center request, you're ensuring the fastest possible resolution for the particular issue.
For each ticket, please make sure that the attached portal-ext.properties file, and the output of patching-tool info is up to date. Furthermore, please work through the following checklist and include the resulting information when you create a ticket:
- Where are you searching exactly? (Search portlet? Web Content Search portlet? etc)
- What terms are you searching for?
- Does the user have view permission on the result that should be found?
- Have you tried re-indexing?
- Are there any errors in the logs?
- Are you using Solr?
- If so, what version of Solr are you using?