After upgrading to Liferay Portal 6.2, the Root Folder selection in Documents and Media → Display Settings has been reset to default instead of keeping the folder that was chosen in the Liferay Portal version prior to the upgrade.
Steps to Reproduce
- In Portal 6.1 EE GA2, add a new Page titled Test Page.
- Add a Documents and Media Portlet onto the Page.
- Create a new folder called Test Folder.
- In the Documents and Media Portlet, select the Wrench → Configuration. In the dialog box that opens, choose a new Folder Test Folder to be the Root Folder under the Display Settings tab.
- Upgrade to Portal 6.2.
- Navigate to Test Page.
- Click the Wrench icon in the Documents and Media Portlet → Configuration → Display Settings tab.
- Observe the value of Root Folder under Display Settings section.
Test Folder should be selected after upgrading to Liferay Portal 6.2 EE
There are no values under the Root Folder section. See image above.
Before Executing the Upgrade:
- In the Liferay Portal 6.2 environment, navigate to and open the
- Locate the entry for the Documents and Media Portlet. This is
- Locate the setting
<preferences-unique-per-layout>false</preferences-unique-per-layout>and change the value from
- Save the file.
- Execute the upgrade.
The reason for this issue is because the default portlet preference settings are different between Portal 6.1 and Portal 6.2.
preferences-unique-per-layout=true (we do not explicitly set this property in
liferay-portlet.xml, but we have a default property ,
private boolean _preferencesUniquePerLayout = true in
Because the property in Portal 6.2 is set to false, the Documents and Media portlet does not retain the portlet preference setting from Portal 6.1.