This article documents how to install the new version of a renamed Marketplace application in Liferay DXP.
The names of some Liferay Marketplace applications have been changed in order to distinguish that these applications are developed by Liferay in order to connect with third-party software, and to avoid any confusion that the third-party itself is responsible for the application or the support of it.
The following Marketplace applications were renamed:
- Liferay OAuth Provider > Liferay Connector to OAuth 1.0a
- Liferay SAML 2.0 Provider > Liferay Connector to SAML 2.0
- Liferay Connector for Sharepoint > Liferay REST Connector for SharePoint
- Liferay Connector for Sharepoint 2010 > Liferay SOAP Connector for SharePoint
- Liferay Connector to Elasticsearch Learning to Rank > Liferay Enterprise Search Learning to Rank
- Liferay Connector to X-Pack Monitoring [Elastic Stack 6.x] > Liferay Enterprise Search Monitoring
- Liferay Connector to X-Pack Security [Elastic Stack 6.x] > Liferay Enterprise Search Security
This change may cause problems on startup in systems where an old version of the given application with the old (LPKG file) name was already deployed. For example, with the release of the Liferay OAuth Provider (3.0.1 for DXP), the app was renamed to Liferay Connector to OAuth 1.0a. If the old version of the app (3.0.0) had been previously deployed, you will experience errors on startup.
The Liferay Enterprise Search connectors for Liferay DXP 7.0 files in the Help Center downloads were also renamed to include the version number.
- Liferay Connector to Elasticsearch 6.lpkg > Liferay Connector to Elasticsearch 6 1.1.0.lpkg
- Liferay Connector to X-Pack Monitoring [Elastic Stack 6.x].lpkg > Liferay Connector to X-Pack Monitoring 1.0.0.lpkg
- Liferay Connector to X-Pack Security [Elastic Stack 6.x].lpkg> Liferay Connector to X-Pack Security 1.0.0.lpkg
- Liferay Elastic Marvel Integration.lpkg > Liferay Elastic Marvel Integration 1.1.0.lpkg
- Liferay Elastic Shield Integration.lpkg > Liferay Elastic Shield Integration 1.1.0.lpkg
- Liferay Connector to X-Pack Monitoring [Elastic Stack 6.x] > Liferay Enterprise Search Monitoring 1.0.0.lpkg
- Liferay Connector to X-Pack Security [Elastic Stack 6.x] > Liferay Enterprise Search Security 1.0.0.lpkg
Important: Before installing a new version of these apps or re-deploying the renamed app of the same version, the old app app must be uninstalled from the system and the corresponding LPKG file(s) under
[Liferay Home]/osgi/marketplace must be deleted to avoid running two instances of the same applications.
If both the old and new app LPKGs are installed problems can arise on startup. For example, if the old LPKG is processed after the new one it will take precedence and the module(s) from the new app LPKG won't be activated.
To resolve the issue, please execute the following steps:
- Download the latest version of the application from Marketplace (Obtain the LPKG file for manual installation)
- Stop Liferay DXP
- Navigate to
- Find and delete the old LPKG file for the application, for example Liferay OAuth Provider.lpkg
- Place the new LPKG file (Liferay Connector to OAuth 1.0a.lpkg) into
- This ensures that the Liferay Sync Connector application will not generate LPKGVerifyException due to missing requirement on the OAuth connector
- Restart Liferay DXP