Here at Liferay, we want to help you complete your project in an efficient and timely manner. So we compiled a list of strategies to avoid some issues when using the Staging feature. Feel free to use this resource as a guideline to assist you in getting the most out of Staging, whether Local Live or Remote Live.
The following content comprises some of the best practices for our customers based on the functionality of the staging feature. Here are some brief descriptions of the issues and links to the related Staging FAQ articles.
- Page Reordering—How to reduce time during page reordering. Best practices when publishing page reordering to live.
- Linking to Unpublished Pages—How to prevent broken links when creating and linking to a new page.
- Changing Content Permissions in Remote Live—How to ensure that updated permissions are published to live site.
- Communicate Standard for Using 'Live-Editable' Portlets—What an admin should consider when using a portlet that may be edited directly in live.
- Changing Settings in Live, Embedded Portlets—How to change or delete settings while live.
- Using Multiple Languages—Strategies when managing different languages/locales used in a site.
- Use the Global Scope When Linking Assets From Multiple Sites—How to avoid permissions issues when linking content between multiple sites.
- Create a Plan for Maintaining Database-File System Consistency—Factors to consider when backing up and rolling back an environment.
- Vocabulary Management—How to prevent dependency issues when utilizing local/global vocabularies.