This article is a legacy article. It applies to previous versions of the Liferay product. While the article is no longer maintained, the information may still be applicable.
When signing into Liferay portal through the use of LDAP and NTLM, if the user credentials are not already imported into the portal, then signing in with NTLM will fail.
Steps to Reproduce
- Start Liferay Portal 6.2 EE
- Go to the Control Panel > Authentication > Authenticate by screen name
- Go to the LDAP page, Enable LDAP and then add an LDAP server
- Go to the Authentication > NTLM page.
- Input the necessary NTLM configuration values and select Save
- Open your browser and click the sign in button in the upper right corner to activate NTLM
- Enter your NTLM configuration values and attempt to log in.
- Sign in with LDAP/NTLM authenticated user
Sign in will fail and the following error will occur:
code>ERROR [http-bio-8080-exec-10][AutoLoginFilter:257] Current URL /c/portal/login generates exception: com.liferay.portal.NoSuchUserException: No User exists with the key
Update to the latest service pack (SP20) or apply fix pack Portal-156.
See LPS-45954 for more information.