This article is a legacy article. It applies to previous versions of the Liferay product. While the article is no longer maintained, the information may still be applicable.
When narrowing down search results using Liferay Portal 6.1 EE GA2, the portal does not continue to constrain results by the original query when another facet is selected. For example, this issue can be produced with the following steps:
1) Create a category "cat"
2) Create a web content with title "article", content "article" and category "cat".
3) Create another web content with title "asdf", content "asdf" and category "cat".
4) Add a search portlet to a page
5) Search for keyword "article"
Result 1: The search gives back correct search result
6) Now select "cat" to filter the result by this category
Result 2: All content with the selected category,"cat" shows up, rather than the content that is of the category "cat" and containing the word "article".
This is fixed in LPS-30582. To resolve this issue, simply open a ticket and mention the LPS.
Subscriber Exclusive Content
A Liferay Enterprise Subscription provides access to over 1,500 articles that include best practices, troubleshooting, and other valuable solutions. Sign in for full access.