- In Liferay Portal 6.1, calendar notifications could be disabled using portal-ext.properties
- In Liferay DXP 7.0+, these properties no longer exist
- Liferay DXP 7.0+
NOTE: This resolution requires customization and should only be implemented at the discretion of your team. Liferay Support will not be able to assist with designing or implementing customizations.
- The best option is to create a wrapper for the CalendarBookingLocalService
- The wrapper needs to set the value false for the attribute sendNotification of the object serviceContext just before calling the methods to add and update a Calendar event and before calling the method to update the Calendar event status.
- This solution handles all Calendar notifications, except the reminder notifications, which are actively configured by the users.
- Code to be added before method calls, which disables the Calendar notifications:
- List of methods which need to be added to the CalendarBookingWrapper:
- You will need to also copy the code from addChildCalendarBookings to the wrapper, and set the sendNotification parameter to false just before the call of the method sendNotification, you should remove this line.
Subscriber Exclusive Content
A Liferay Enterprise Subscription provides access to over 1,500 articles that include best practices, troubleshooting, and other valuable solutions. Sign in for full access.Sign In