When Patching Tool is run on a Windows machine, Windows Security can slow down the patch installation drastically due to the large amount of file operations being performed.
If you experience extreme slowdowns during patch installation, you may need to add your Liferay DXP and Patching Tool folder to Windows Security exclude list.
You can do this using the following steps:
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & Threat Protection
- Under Virus & Threat Protection settings, Select: Manage Settings > Exclusions > Add or Remove Exclusions
- Select Add an Exclusion
- Select `Folder` option
- Go to your Liferay DXP bundle and choose Select Folder
- The exclusion will apply to subfolders within a folder as well.
- Repeat the steps for your Patching Tool installation folder, if it is not in a subfolder of your bundle.
For reference, please see: