- To simulate a staging environment with just one portal instance.
- Portal 6.2
- DXP 7.0
- DXP 7.1
- Just need to configure in the remote staging configuration page, the site id of that you want to be as remote site. It could be even from the same portal.
To configure this kind of environment, please follow this steps:
- Add the following properties to your portal-ext.properties:
- Start the portal and create two sites. For example, "site stag" and "site remot"
- Copy the site id from the desired site, "site stag" in our example.
- DXP environment: You can find the site Id at the control panel / Sites / Sites and edit the desired site.
- Liferay Portal 6.2: You can find the site Id at the desired site / Site Settings / Site ID
- Enable and configure remote Live in the "site stag"
- DXP environment: "site stag" / Publishing / Staging / Remote Live
- Liferay Portal 6.2: Enable the staging at the Site Settings / Staging / Remote Live
- Configure the remote Live parameters:
- Remote Host/IP: Your local IP machine (127.0.0.1)
- Remote port: The same port where your portal is currently running (8080)
- Remote Site ID: The site_id that selected at the step 2
- You can enable page versioning or whatever function that you want.
- Now you are able to execute the first publication from the "site stag" to the "site remot" with the same behaviour than a a remote staging environment.
- This kind of configuration is recommended only for testing purposes and could have differences with a real staging remote environment.
Subscriber Exclusive Content
A Liferay Enterprise Subscription provides access to over 1,500 articles that include best practices, troubleshooting, and other valuable solutions. Sign in for full access.Sign In