- After upgrading to Liferay DXP 7.1+, guests users cannot see some web contents.
- This is also reproduced for users that aren't members of one site. They cannot see web contents that belong to that site.
- Liferay DXP 7.1 or 7.2 upgraded from Liferay 7.0 or 6.x
- The default setting of older Liferay versions (Portal 6.0, 6.1, 6.2 and DXP 7.0) has the web content view permissions check option not selected, so by default any guest user can view all web contents.
- Starting with Liferay 7.1, default behavior was changed to now have the view permissions check option selected to be consistent with web content search results and other Liferay functionalities (document library, blogs or wiki), where the view permissions check were selected by default, as well.
- After upgrading to Liferay DXP 7.1, if you have users that cannot see some web contents, you have two options:
- Option 1: Manually change specific web content or role permissions, granting view permissions as necessary
- Option 2: Open view permissions for all web content articles by going to System Settings > Web Experience > Web Content and deselect Article view permissions check enabled option.
Subscriber Exclusive Content
A Liferay Enterprise Subscription provides access to over 1,500 articles that include best practices, troubleshooting, and other valuable solutions. Sign in for full access.Sign In