- If a user changes his password on LDAP he can't log into the portal for X number of hours.
- DXP 7.0 FP 81 or superior
- JVM time zone is set to other than GMT or UTC
- This happens due to LPE-16533 on Fix Pack 81. Is a security meassure to close all existing sessions. This uses GMT time zone standard so, if the JVM has another value, the portal takes that the password change has been made "on the future". Therefore doesn't allow the user to log in for a number of hours equal to the GMT property on the JVM (i.e. If this happens in Peru with a GMT -5 set on the JVM, the user would not be able to log in for 5 hours)
- The only solution is to set the JVM on the JAVA_OPTS to GMT or UTC and refer to the article that point issues of having the Time zone with another configuration and how this causes bad behaviour on the portal.
Subscriber Exclusive Content
A Liferay Enterprise Subscription provides access to over 1,500 articles that include best practices, troubleshooting, and other valuable solutions. Sign in for full access.Sign In