- Does Liferay's OpenID Connect implementation support Single Logout?
- Liferay DXP 7.1/7.2
- Liferay's current OpenID Connect (OIDC) integration only implements parts of the Final specifications, specifically "Core" and "Discovery".
While single-logout (SLO) functionalities are useful in SSO applications, the SLO-related specifications in OIDC are currently in draft versions in the final specifications page:
- Session Management – Defines how to manage OpenID Connect sessions, including postMessage-based logout functionality
- Front-Channel Logout – Defines a front-channel logout mechanism that does not use an OP iframe on RP pages
- Back-Channel Logout – Defines a logout mechanism that uses direct back-channel communication between the OP and RPs being logged out
Subscriber Exclusive Content
A Liferay Enterprise Subscription provides access to over 1,500 articles that include best practices, troubleshooting, and other valuable solutions. Sign in for full access.Sign In