This tutorial takes you step-by-step through the process of creating a theme.
You’ll create a responsive theme for Liferay’s Lunar Resort that demonstrates
best practices and uses Liferay DXP’s theme tools, extensions, and mechanisms.
Several example files are referenced throughout this tutorial. You can download
if you want to follow along locally. The Lunar Resort theme’s files are also
included in the
folder of the Liferay Docs repo, if you would rather view them there.
This tutorial covers these topics:
- Generating the theme and configuring it to extend the Atlas base theme
- Customizing the Header and logo
- Customizing the Header navigation
- Customizing the Footer and embedding footer navigation
- Creating a color scheme variant
By the end of this tutorial, you’ll be able to create the theme below: