This article documents how to install Developer Studio 3.9.x.
- Download Developer Studio.
- Run the installer for your platform.
- Select your Java runtime.
- Select the directory to install Developer Studio.
- Choose whether you would like to install Command Line Tools or not. If so:
- Select a product to init a Liferay Workspace
- If selecting the Liferay DXP product, then browse to your activation key.
- Select if you would like to config a proxy for Blade or not. The proxy settings will be saved to Blade and jpm in the .jpm folder.
- Select if you would like to config a proxy or not (the proxy settings will be saved in .gradle/gradle.properties file under user's home folder)
- Finish the installation.
- Once it is finished the following will be installed.
- DeveloperStudio application
- Blade CLI (installed into your system path if chosen so in step 5)
- Liferay Workspace initialized directory (under $install_dir/liferay-workspace if chosen so in step 5)
Liferay Developer Studio 3.9.x is only supported with Eclipse 4.12 or greater on macOS Big Sur. This means that macOS Big Sur users can only upgrade from Liferay Developer Studio 3.9.1, 3.9.2, 3.9.3, and 3.9.4 on macOS Big Sur. Other users can upgrade from Liferay Developer Studio 3.5.0, 3.6.x, 3.7.x, 3.8.x and 3.9.x.
macOS Big Sur
macOS Big Sur users will need to install the updatesite to Eclipse 4.12 (2019-06) or greater. Please install Developer Studio with the updatesite zip using the following steps:
- Download Eclipse 2020, for example: eclipse-jee-2020-06-R-macosx-cocoa-x86_64.dmg
- Download the Liferay IDE archived update-site
- Launch Eclipse, navigate to Help → Install New Software…
- Click the Add… button
- In the Add dialog, click the Archive... button and browse to the location of the downloaded update-site .zip file, then select Add.
- You will see the Developer Studio components in the list below. Check them off and click Next.
- Accept the terms of the agreements and click Next to finish the installation. Restart for the updates to take effect.