- When sending emails, the error "unable to send message: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.office365.com, port: 587" occurs.
- Steps to reproduce:
1. Configure the outlook mail server to send email notifications in Liferay
2. Sometimes, the following errors occurred while sending emails.
unable to send message: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.office365.com, port: 587
javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?
- Liferay DXP 7.3
- Check the email configuration options carefully first because there could be several different causes for this issue.
- Add the below property under 'Manually specify additional JavaMail properties to override the above configuration field' in mail server configurations to establish the connection.
Subscriber Exclusive Content
A Liferay Enterprise Subscription provides access to over 1,500 articles that include best practices, troubleshooting, and other valuable solutions. Sign in for full access.Sign In