Originally shared on July 5, 2022. Last updated on Nov 30, 2022.
The Search Experiences application is now available for DXP 7.3*; use its Search Blueprints feature to customize the search query and personalize your digital experiences just like you can on DXP 7.4**
Boost, hide, or filter results by various factors like proximity, categories, tags, user segment, and much more.
How can Search Blueprints help your organization?
Search Blueprints is the first feature of the Search Experiences toolset. Some of the capabilities you'll gain:
- Blueprints extends Liferay DXP's low-code/no-code capabilities by providing useful query elements out-of-the-box, allowing business users to compose customized searches without having to write a single line of code or wait for developers to build solutions for them.
- Users who already know how to build Elasticsearch queries can leverage the Paste Any Elasticsearch Query element. Just paste any Elasticsearch query body into the element as-is and specify the occur clause. That's it.
- If your use-case requires something that is not covered by the default elements, you can create Custom Elements to personalize your search.
These items are all accomplished with the Search Blueprints visual query builder. In addition, you can customize other aspects of the search request with Blueprints Configurations and the Query Settings.
Need to build different search pages for different purposes?
We’ve got you covered! Use the Blueprints Options widget to configure a blueprint for your page.
Ready to try?
To get started:
- [On DXP 7.3] Download the Search Experiences application from the Customer Portal and deploy it on Liferay DXP 7.3*
- [On DXP 7.4] Start the latest Liferay DXP 7.4 Update**
- Open the Blueprints application by clicking Blueprints from Global Menu → Applications (Search Experiences).
Want to learn more?
View the documentation on learn.liferay.com.
Have feedback you would like to share with us or need help?
Reach out to us through a Support Ticket. We’d love to hear from you.
Get the most out of your Liferay Enterprise Search subscription
* v1.0.0 requires DXP 7.3 Update 6+, v1.1.0 requires DXP 7.3 Update 14+. Future updates will be delivered with application releases, similar to other LES applications available for DXP 7.3.
** Search Experiences is available on Liferay DXP 7.4 Update 5+ as a bundled app, no extra installation required. Bug fixes and enhancements are delivered through Updates.