When deploying Liferay DXP 7.0 Fix Pack 24, 25, 26 or 27, the WeDeploy Auth Admin portlet will appear in the Control Panel. WeDeploy is currently a beta product. The addition of this portlet will have no impact or security risk.
Installing an affected fix pack will result in the following unintended changes:
- The WeDeployAuth_WeDeployAuthApp and WeDeployAuth_WeDeployAuthToken tables are created
- ResourceAction and ResourcePermission entries for the WeDeploy Auth Admin portlet are added
WeDeploy Auth Admin portlet has been removed from DXP 7.0 Fix Pack 28. Customers who have not applied Fix Pack 24, 25, 26 or 27, and skip to applying Fix Pack 28+ will not be affected by this issue.
Customers who have applied Fix Pack 24, 25, 26 or 27, and wish to remove the WeDeploy Auth Admin portlet can follow these steps:
- Download the drop_wedeploy_tables_and_data.sql file
- Verify that the tables from the SQL file have appeared in the database
- Backup the system database
- Run the SQL file
- Verify that the database tables have been deleted