- A custom Object configured to display in the Application or Control Panel menu is missing after restarting the application.
- The custom Object was previously present with Update 49 installed, but has now disappeared.
- Go to Control Panel > Objects
- Create an object definition
- Add a field to it
- For Panel Category Key select Applications > Content
- Publish the object definition
Check Point: You see the object portlet under Applications > Content
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Portlet is null
- DXP 7.4 Update 49
- This is a known issue with Update 49 and is resolved with Update 50.
- Updating to Update 50 will resolve this issue.