- When I try to update a category name that is assigned to several web content articles, the page keeps loading for a long time and causes performance issues.
1. Start DXP 7.3
2. Go to Categorization --> Categories --> and create a vocabulary with one category.
3. Go to Content & Data --> Web Content and create several web contents (around 10000 contents) and assign the category to each web content.
4. Go to Categorization --> Category and find the created category, click the kebab menu beside it, then edit the name and save.
Actual Result: The Page keeps loading for a long time.
Expected Result: The category name should be updated quickly.
- Liferay DXP 7.3
- This is a known issue. In order to improve the performance, you need to enable the property "Index Read Only" from Control Panel --> Configuration --> System Settings -> Search -> Index Status. The updating of the category will be very quick.
Note: If you enable this property, you will need to execute a full reindex from Control Panel --> Configuration --> Search --> Index Actions and execute: Reindex all search indexes.