This article explains the basic steps to setup Nuxeo and to add a Nuxeo repository in the Documents and Media portlet.
The following steps use Nuxeo 5.4.2.
- Start an existing Nuxeo VM. In the VM, if Nuxeo is not started, go to Start > Programs > Nuxeo DM > Nuxeo DM to start it.
- If you do not have an existing Nuxeo VM, you can always download a runnable copy of the Nuxeo server at:http://nuxeo.github.io/downloads.html.
- Download the file, that appears in this pattern
nuxeo-cap-5.4.2-tomcat.zip. After unzipping the downloaded file, go to
.../nuxeo-cap-5.4.2-tomcat/binand make use of Start Nuxeo.bat if running Windows OS.
- Since the default user and its password for Nuxeo DM—Administrator:Administrator—has capitals in it, we need to create a new credential without capitals. To do it, follow the steps below:
- On the Nuxeo VM, open any browser and navigate to http://localhost:8080/nuxeo
- Login Nuxeo DM using the User Name of Administrator and Password of Administrator
- Go to Admin Center > Users & groups > Create a new user to create a new user with the following details:
- Username: test
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: test
- Password (verify): test
- Groups for this user, Search for groups: administrators (enter at least 3 characters to search for the group and then click on the search result to add it as the group for the newly created user)
- Click Save and create to create the 'test' user.
- To make sure a Nuxeo repository can be added in Liferay Portal, make sure the following properties are added to the
- After making the configurations above start the Liferay bundle and sign in the portal using the Screen Name of 'test' and Password of 'test'.
- Add a Documents and Media portlet to any page and click Add > Repository to add a new Nuxeo repository in the displayed page as follows (see additional notes in Additional Information for known issues and a possible workaround that requires adding the repository as a Web Services type instead):
- Name: Nuxeo Repository
- Description: Nuxeo Description
- Repository Type: CMIS Repository (AtomPub)
- AtomPub URL: http://[IP Address of the Nuxeo DM Server]:8080/nuxeo/atom/cmis
- Click Save to save the settings.
- You can then see the newly added Nuxeo repository under Browse by Type in the left navigation panel of the Documents and Media portlet.
To log out of the Nuxeo DM server, hover over the User Name and then click on 'Log out'. To view the repositories in the Nuxeo DM server, click on the 'Document Management' tab at the top of the page.
There is a known issue when cancelling document checkouts. Check https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-47960 for more detailed information and a workaround.
After creating the 'test' user, adapt the instructions of whatever test case you are working on to reflect these credentials. If the Liferay user and the corresponding Nuxeo user's credentials do not match, you will not be able to connect to the repository, thus the Nuxeorepository cannot be added in the Documents and Media portlet.
When testing multiple repositories, it's easier if you have added the user 'test test' as an administrator in the Nuxeo DM server and use 'test test' to add the Nuxeo repositories in Liferay. That way, all you have to do is to sign in the portal as 'test test' and then you can test all of the repositories at once.