This article describes a known issue that makes it impossible to publish pages with "Link to Page" type, when Page Versioning is enabled.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a new Site.
- Activate Staging with Page Versioning enabled (public or private).
- Create an empty page.
- (only on 6.2) Create a page, but this time select "Link to a Page of This Site" and select the previously created page.
- (only on 6.1) Create a page, but this time change the type to "Link to a Page" and after the page has been added, edit it and select the previously created page in the "Link to Page" field.
- Go to the Site's Staging side and confirm that the second page redirects you to the first one.
- On the first page click on "Mark as Ready for Publication".
- Publish the Site with default settings (publishes all pages by default).
- Check the Live Site
The second page with type "Link to Page" is missing.
This issue has been resolved and it is documented on LPS-40898. The actual resolution depends on the Liferay version that you are currently using:
- Liferay 6.2: The solution is already available in public fix packs since the release of wcm-core-9-6210. This also means that you won't encounter the problem from Service Pack 4.
- Liferay 6.1 GA3, GA3 SP1: The solution is already available in public fix packs since the release of wcm-core-11-6130. This also means that you won't encounter the problem from Service Pack 2.
- Liferay 6.1 GA1, GA2: Unfortunately there is no public fix pack available for these versions. In order to fix this issue, please submit a Help Center Ticket and request a fix for LPS-40898.