In Liferay Portal 6.1.x, it became possible to create vocabularies (and thus categories) that only allow certain types of assets. For instance, it's possible to have a vocabulary and series of categories that are only available to blog posts. The same can be done for wiki pages and any other type of asset.
Here is an example of the behavior described above:
- Go to Control Panel > Categories
- Added 2 vocabularies "blog vocabulary/categories" and "wiki vocabulary/categories"
- Under Associated Asset Types, chose all the assets that you would want those vocabularies and the categories to appear under.
- Example: chose asset type as Wiki Page, but not Blogs Entry for "wiki vocabulary/categories" and chose the asset type "blogs entry" for vocabulary "blog vocabulary/categories"
- When adding a blog entry, the categorization section will not show the vocabulary "wiki vocabulary/categories" but it will only show the "blog vocabulary/category".