- When working with local staging, it was found that a parent page was being published even when it was not marked as "Ready for publication". The user created 1 parent page and 3 child pages underneath it. Only the third child page was marked as "Ready for publication". When the pages were published to live, it was found that both the parent page and the third child page was published, but the first two child pages were not.
- Liferay DXP 7.0
- Liferay DXP 7.1
- The behavior described in this issue is the intended behavior. The reason that the parent page and the child page 3 are being published is that the user marked "Ready for Publish" only on page 3, and not on child page 1 and 2.
- It is intended behavior that only the pages that are marked ready to publish will be published to live (See:https://help.liferay.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018172311-Staging-Content-).
- The reason the parent page is published as well is because child page 3 is a child of the parent page and is dependent on it, the parent page must be published as well.
- If you select Ready to Publish on all pages that you want to Publish to Live, you should be able to see all the pages.