After upgrading the portal to Liferay DXP 7.2, the child pages which were present in Liferay Portal 6.2 go missing from the Navigation menu in DXP 7.2.
- But, the child pages are present in Site Builder. Post upgrade, if new child pages are added, then they are present in the Navigation menu.
- Liferay DXP 7.2
- The above-observed behavior is a known issue and will be fixed in Fixpack dxp-2 (Service Pack 1).
Please follow the below procedure in case you are upgrading to fixpack dxp-2 from the portal which contains fix pack dxp-1 or no fix pack.
Installation of Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Fix Pack 2 (FP2) is a little different than the traditional fix pack installation approach.
- When migrating from 7.2 GA1/Fix pack 1 to Liferay DXP 7.2 SP1 or FP 2, an upgrade is required to run after installing the patch.
- The Liferay DXP 7.2 Fix Pack 2 article which describes each and every step to follow to upgrade to FP2. Before upgrading to Fix pack dxp-2, kindly go through the important changes.
- Installation of Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Fix Pack 2 (FP2) is a little different than the traditional fix pack installation approach.
It is highly recommended to do the followings before installing a patch:
- Keep the backup of your existing environment before installing/uninstalling the fix.
- We would suggest you test the fix in a lower environment and then move it to production as per your discretion if you feel comfortable with it.
- Perform these operations in application server downtime, because these steps require the restart of the server.