You are starting your Liferay Experience Cloud Self-Managed (SM) project and we want to help you have a good start. The documentation on learn.liferay.com is the best source of Liferay Experience Cloud SM knowledge for anyone on the project team. However, we have created some supplementary tutorials specifically to assist with the challenges that Administrators face at the beginning of the project. As an Admin, you have the responsibility of gaining expertise with Liferay Experience Cloud SM so that you can effectively deploy and maintain your Liferay project on the cloud.
Below is a list of tutorials that can serve as ‘quick start guides’. They have specific outcomes with the intent of giving you enough basic knowledge now to get started rapidly. The tutorials are not meant to fulfill all the requirements you may have for your project. Depending on your specific requirements, you may need to go more in-depth on certain topics. Use these tutorials as a tool to introduce yourself to important features of the product.
- Initial Setup Overview - Learn how to verify that you received everything you should have received during the provisioning process. Resolving issues here will prevent bigger issues from happening later on.
- Configuring Your GitHub Repository - Learn how to use the temporary 10-day Liferay Experience Cloud SM repository to create your team’s permanent Liferay Experience Cloud SM development repository.
- Troubleshooting Tools and Resources - Learn how to monitor the activity and performance of your Liferay Experience Cloud SM environments in case you need to troubleshoot problems pre and post-launch.
- Environment Teams and Roles - Learn how to provide the right amount of access to Liferay Experience Cloud SM for each member of the project team.
- Overview of the DXP Cloud Deployment Workflow - See the Continuous Integration platform in action and learn how to deploy database, web server, and other services for each environment.
- Backup Service Overview - Learn how to perform manual and scheduled backups.
- Restoring Data from a Backup - Learn how to restore an environment to a backup.
- Defining Environment Variables - Learn how to make some configuration changes through the LCP.json file.
- Connecting with Internal Systems - Learn how to use Liferay Experience Cloud SM to connect DXP to an internal system (LDAP)
- Deploying Changes via the CLI Tool - Learn how to deploy a DXP customization using the built-in Continuous Integration platform.
- Deploying Changes via the CLI Tool - Learn how to deploy a DXP customization without using the built-in Continuous Integration platform.