Steps to reproduce
- Start a clean bundle of Liferay DXP 7.2 installed with dxp-9.
- Create a new site and enable local staging with pages and documents being enabled to be staged
- Go to Content & Data -> Documents and Media in the staging site and upload a document.
- Select the document and open the information panel and copy the download link
- Go to Site Builder -> Pages and create a new page with the "Link to URL" type. In the URL field, copy the download link URL
- Publish the staging site to live
- Log out, and then select the new page that was created as the guest user
Expected Results: Since the live site is public with guest access, the guest user should be able to directly download the document since the URL on the Link to URL page will point to the document on the live site
Actual Results: The guest user is redirected to the sign-in page since the URL on the Link to URL page points to the document on the staging site.
- Liferay DXP 7.2 FP 9
- It is a known issue and has been fixed in Liferay DXP 7.2 FP15.
- If the hotfix is required for this issue, please create a support ticket requesting the hotfix by attaching the patch details.
- Installing Fix Packs and Hotfixes on Liferay DXP will guide you to install the Fixpack/Hotfix in your environment.