- Is that NTLM solution works when the user should land on the home page automatically instead of getting a login page as long as the portal has connected to the client machine or the network?
- Liferay DXP 7.3
- NTLM authentication was deprecated from Liferay DXP 7.1 and was removed from DXP 7.2. Hence our support will be limited in the assistance or providing suggestions on it.
- You can still install it from Marketplace here.
- In order to use NTLM SSO, Liferay DXP’s portal instance authentication type must be set to screen name.
Note: To use NTLM with Liferay DXP, you must configure your browser. Hence, please consult your browser vendor’s documentation for the details.
Most importantly, all users must be imported from an Active Directory server. NTLM (and Kerberos) works only if the users are in the AD; otherwise, any SSO requests initiated by Liferay DXP fail.
Reference article for your view:
- Digital Experience Platform 7.3 deprecated and archived Items
- Liferay DXP Integrated Technologies Compatibility Matrix listed with different compatible technologies like SSO Standards, LDAP Servers
Authenticating with Kerberos, You can use Kerberos to authenticate Microsoft Windows™ accounts with Liferay DXP. This is done by using a combination of Liferay DXP’s LDAP support and a web server that supports the Kerberos protocol.
Note that this configuration is preferred NTLM because security vulnerabilities persist.