- When publishing to a live site, "Edit Template" can be selected from the options menu of a Web Content Display portlet.
- Should “Edit Template” be disabled on the live site?
- DXP 7.1
- DXP 7.2
- DXP 7.3
- DXP 7.4
- The "Basic Web Content" template which is commonly used to create Web Content articles is provided by the Global Site. If this is the case, then the "Edit Template" option is expected to appear.
- If you configure the Web Content to use a template on the same Site that you are staging, the "Edit Template" option will not appear because you cannot edit the Template on the Live Site.
- No one (even admin users) can edit staged portlets that are on the Live Site. However, portlets on a different, unstaged Site can be edited, even if they are being accessed via the Live Site. For example, the "Edit Template" option can appear for Web Content using the "Basic Web Content" template because it comes from the Global Site, which is often unstaged.
- The Web Content Display portlet itself is not being edited when you select Edit Template. You are simply editing the "Basic Web Content" Template.
- Here are some relevant articles: