Under the child site scope, the child site collections are not filtered and displayed for selection.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Navigate to Control Panel --> Sites --> Sites and add a blank Site (TestSite).
2) Add 2 Asset Collections from Site Builder --> Collections (added Manual and Dynamic collections).
3) Add a child site to the test site by navigating to --> Control Panel --> Sites --> Sites and click the three-dot menu beside TestSite and add a child site (SubTestSite).
4) Add 2 collections to the SubTestSite.
5) Add a content page from Site Builder --> Pages, then add a Collection Display fragment from the Fragments and Widgets icon on the right.
6) Click on the Collection Display Fragment, then click "+" to select and add collections.
Observed Behavior: A popup opens displaying the collections of both the parent site (test site) and the child site (SubTestSite). Even though the child site's collection selection is filtered.
However, only expected collections have been visible on the parent (TestSite) site.
Expected Behavior: The child site collections should be filtered and displayed for selection under the child site scope.
- Liferay DXP 7.3
- The observed behavior is a known Liferay DXP bug which has been addressed in Liferay DXP 7.3 SP3
- If the hotfix is required for this issue, please create a support ticket requesting the hotfix by attaching the patch details.
- Installing Fix Packs and Hotfixes on Liferay DXP will guide to installation of the hotfix in the respective environment.