- Structures and Templates are included in the exported LAR even though the export options excluded Structures and Templates
- Given that we have a Web Content article that is using a custom structure and template, if we create a Web Content export which excludes Structures and Template, we will find that the associated Structure and Template will be exported along with the Web Content that is associated with them.
- Liferay DXP 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4
- This is expected behavior. Per our What’s Expected from Staging? - WEB CONTENT ARTICLE section we can see that for Web Content structure, if a Web Content article is published, the structure (and its parent structure) and template are published. Please note that while the article is related to Staging, Staging automates the LAR export/import processes in the background.
- Web Contents will always export the DDMStructures and DDMTemplates used by them to avoid the frustration of failing imports when these are not present on the importing site.
- The checkboxes can only control the export of unused DDMStructures and DDMTemplates.