- Issues while uploading a profile photo taken with an iPhone camera since the extension is .heic, which causes errors. Even if tried to upload via control panel options, the issue may persist with the same extension files.
1) Start Clean instance of Liferay 7.2
2) Update portal-ext.properties with this value
mime.types.web.images=image/gif,image/jpeg,image/pjpeg,image/png,image/x-png,image/heic3) Navigate to 'Users and Organizations'
4) Create one user and save it
5) Edit this user by selecting the 'Change' option to set the user profile with a .heic image
Expected behavior: The chosen image is saved and shown on the user's profile.
Observed behavior: Received error message on UI: "Please enter a file with a valid type"
- Liferay DXP 7.2 Fix Pack 14
- The observed behavior is a known Liferay DXP bug which has been addressed by LPS-154652
- If the hotfix is required for this issue, please create a support ticket requesting the hotfix by attaching the patch details.
- Installing Fix Packs and Hotfixes on Liferay DXP will guide to installation of the hotfix in the respective environment.
- The .heic extension is limited in terms of product. Therefore the Portal needs to use external services such as ImageMagick. In this case, please make sure the external service is installed properly.
- By running the following command, user can see whether delegates should have the .heic extension.
Version: ImageMagick 7.1.0-36 Q16-HDRI x64 be0bdc3:20220530 https://imagemagick.org
Copyright: (C) 1999 ImageMagick Studio LLC
Features: Cipher DPC HDRI Modules OpenCL OpenMP(2.0)
Delegates (built-in): bzlib cairo flif freetype gslib heic jng jp2 jpeg jxl lcms lqr lzma openexr pangocairo png ps raqm raw rsvg tiff webp xml zip zlib
Compiler: Visual Studio 2022 (193231329)