Not all references to a deleted site are removed since entries in the Layout table that had the site's groupId are still present after the deletion is complete.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Start a clean DXP 7.3 instance connected to a database (such as MySQL)
2. Create a test site 'TestSite1'
3. In a terminal window and/or utility, begin examining the database, then execute the query select * from Group_; and find the entry with the groupKey: TestSite1; making note of the groupId for that entry
4. Within the instance, create a blank content page 'BlankPage1' on TestSite1, then publish the page without making any changes
5. Execute the select * from Layout; query for the database, then make note of how many entries were present that included the groupId identified in step 3.
6. In the instance, delete the test site
7. Execute the query select * from Layout; again
Expected Behavior: All references to the test site would be removed
Observed Behavior: There are still references in the Layout table to the deleted site's pages
- Liferay DXP 7.3
- The observed behavior is a known Liferay DXP bug which has been addressed in DXP 7.3 Update 4
- If the hotfix is required for this issue, please create a support ticket requesting the hotfix by attaching the patch details.
- Installing Fix Packs and Hotfixes on Liferay DXP will guide to installation of the hotfix in the respective environment.