Steps to reproduce:
1. Start Liferay DXP 7.2
2. Log in as admin.
3. Navigate to Custom Fields under configuration.
4. Select 'Documents Folder'.
5. Create a new custom field for the document folder.
6. Click on the "+" icon. Select 'Text Area' and give any name in the field.
7. Navigate to Document & Media portlet > Click on "+" icon > Add folder > Type any name in Name field > Click Save.
8. Edit that folder and enter a value into the custom field as created in step 6.
Expected Behavior: The values must be saved in the custom field.
Actual Behavior: The values are not saved in the custom field and it is showing as blank.
- Liferay DXP 7.2
- The observed behavior is a known issue/bug and it is fixed in Liferay DXP 7.2 fix-pack-17.
- If the hotfix is required for this issue, please create a support ticket requesting a hotfix by attaching patch details.
- Installing Fix Packs and Hotfixes on Liferay DXP will guide to installation of the hotfix in the respective environment.